New Jersey State Library
Gale Presents: Peterson's Test & Career Prep Online
Gale Presents: Peterson's Test and Career Prep is a versatile, free online resource that can provide you with tools and practice to achieve educational and career success! This resource is funded by the New Jersey State Library and is available for free to all residents of New Jersey. You will be prompted to log in/sign up for a free account, which enables you to access the resources available!
High school and college planning – Teens can access and take practice AP tests, SAT and ACT exams, plus review subject-oriented question banks on lots of subjects. You can also find tips on how to prepare for, apply for, and pay for college — including scholarship information.
Graduate school – Preparing for advanced degrees made (slightly) easier! Peterson's offers practice exams for GRE, LSAT, MCAT, and more.
Career Assistance – Included are fantastic tools, including the GED High School Equivalency practice exam, ASVAB and Civil Service practice tests, real estate license exam, cosmetology & barbering, as well as nursing, pharmacology, dental and medical assistance practice tests. You have the option to take career tests, and build your own resume!
English as a Second Language and U.S. Citizenship – Practice for the TOEFL, brush up on your basic English and Writing skills, study for the US Citizenship Test and more.
For guidance on how to use this database, please refer to Gale Presents: Peterson's Test and Career Prep Resource Guide.
Heritage Quest is a new electronic resource licensed by the State Library in 2019 that is available to public, school and academic libraries.
Heritage Quest Online is a comprehensive treasury of American genealogical resources to help New Jersey residents find their ancestors.
Click the graphic (or click here) to begin your journey with Heritage Quest!
Explore genealogical records from 1704 – today, including hard-to-find obituary content from the mid 1900’s, coverage from all 50 states, and original obituary images from historical newspapers. Access is available 24/7.
Click the graphic above (or click here) to start exploring today with HeritageHub!
Check out our latest EBSCO resource! Improve your academic skills. Prepare for high-stakes tests. Become career-ready.
LearningExpress Library offers targeted learning centers — each with a collection of practice tests, tutorials, e-books, articles and flashcards — to help you achieve your goals. You can even use LearningExpress Library to brush up on your computer skills!
Click the graphic (or click here) to start your path to academic and career success!
EBSCO Host Databases
From academic journals, to businss publications, scientific studies and beyond, you can explore EBSCO's full datebase and grab the infomation you need. Perfect for research topics, academic study, and more! Just click the EBSCO resource you would like to explore and begin your navigation
- Business Source Elite
- This business database provides full-text articles for more than 1,100 business publications, including full text for nearly 500 peer-reviewed business publications.
- Consumer Reports
- An online database of the popular magazine dedicated to unbiased product testing, consumer-oriented research, public education, and advocacy. Contains articles from publications dating back to 1985. If you're interested in the current print copy of Consumer Reports, please check our magazine section!
- Educational Resource Information Center, contains more than 2,200 digests along with references for additional information and citations and abstracts from over 1,000 educational and education-related journals
- Funk and Wagnall's New World Encyclopedia
- This database provides over 25,000 encyclopedic entries covering a variety of subject areas
- Green File
- Offers well-researched information covering all aspects of human impact to the environment. Its collection of scholarly, government and general-interest titles includes content on global warming, green building, pollution, sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, recycling, and more
- Legal Information Reference Center
- A quick and easy resource for navigating and finding legal information that will help you stay aware of your rights and laws.
- Literary Reference Center
- A comprehensive database that provides users with a broad spectrum of information on thousands of authors and their works across literary disciplines and timeframes.
- MasterFILE Elite
- Designed specifically for public libraries, this multidisciplinary database provides full-text for nearly 2,000 general reference publications with full text information dating as far back as 1975.
- Points of View Reference Center
- A full-text database designed to provide students with a series of essays that present multiple viewpoints on current issues
- Reference Solutions from Data Axle
- A full databank and reference platform for various business and consumer information. This provides patrons and business owners with crucial tools for advancing in business and marketing.
- Referencia Latina
- A full database of articles on various subjects including Art, History, Science, etc. for Spanish speaking patrons.
- Una base de datos completa de artículos sobre temas diversos como Arte, Historia, Ciencia, etc. para los clientes de habla española.
- Regional Business News
- This database provides comprehensive full text coverage for regional business publications.
- Small Business Reference Center
- A guide for starting and maintaining your small business, including strategies and start up kits. An invaluable tool for anyone looking for information to help or support their favorite small business.